Monday, October 14, 2019

Week 8 Post 2: Picture Tell A Story

Visual Media somewhat works for my business because it can show testimonials on how the service we provide works for businesses. It can help in our pitch that we give to owners. As far as getting clients it does not help so much.

Most of the businesses that are related to mine do not use visual platforms too show their business. There are not many businesses that are comparable to Money Mailer because there are only a few competitors out there. Valpak is the most commonly known competitor and it uses Instagram as a visual platform for their business. It has 1,580 followers and for me it is not really that effective for them. They post about every other week or so. On their post they only receive 20 posts per post and a few comments. This is so because just like my business marketing through direct mail and apps/online ds not require much visual platform. Another similar business is a famous one called Groupon. Although it is distinct in the fact hat they do not provide direct mail, they provide various discounts for businesses as well. Groupon is  a huge company that has 279 thousand followers and posts every couple of days. It gets 1-2 thousand likes per post and gets 10-20 comments. I do not believe Instagram is effective for the because they don't even post the discounts that they offer. They just post random pics.

After researching the two competitors that I chose, which were Groupon and Valpak, I have noticed that we all can only do so much to improve our business through pictures. In the case for Instagram I believe that I can take advantage of posts by posting my discounts and deals on there instead of what groupon does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up Final Post

My viewpoint on social media has changed for the fact that social media is now more used on business and advertising. Before when social med...