Saturday, September 14, 2019

Week 4 Post 2: Aesthetics, Design and Branding

https://www.espn.com/

https://www.amazon.com/


The two websites that I chose to discuss about in my post are ESPN and Amazon. These websites are effective because they understand what customers want to see when they visit the website. ESPN is effective because of its proximity and alignment. Everything is well-spaced out as it has the main headline with a picture in the middle. It has the scores of current games being played on top and the sub headlines on the side. It also has the component of hierarchy where it shows the most important news that is currently going on. Amazon is great because it is also well aligned. The products are aligned very well and is categorized good. Its Easy of use because it has a search bar right on top where you can search whatever you would like to purchase.

What makes me come back again is that as I mentioned in the previous paragraph it is very easy to use. I can easily search what I am looking for whenever I want. Of course another reason I keep coming back is that these are websites that deals with my interest. I love sports so I always want to be updated with the most recent information. I keep coming back to Amazon because it is the most convenient way of buying things.

For me there is definitely one thing that need to be improved on ESPN. That would be to lessen the information on the page. I understand that in sports there are so many games and news tat needs to be addressed, but they should put more links on there instead of trying to fit everything on one page. On Amazon I believe they should add more appealing colors to it. On the current page it only has blue and white the rest of the way. If they add color it would make it more appealing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up Final Post

My viewpoint on social media has changed for the fact that social media is now more used on business and advertising. Before when social med...